Sunday, June 19, 2011

Box Braids

I can really see how long my girl's hair is getting when I put it in box braids. I love the look of these, and they lasted about a week and a half, which is a lot longer than styles usually last on her.

It typically takes me at least a couple of days to put these in. This time, as usual, I started at the nape of the neck, sectioned off a row, divided it into boxes, and braided. I think I did 2-3 rows and put the rest of her hair into 2 puffs. The next day I finished braiding and to make it go faster, I sectioned pretty large boxes. She wore her hair like this, and a pink headband dressed the style up a bit.

After a few days I divided some of the sections on top and made them smaller. I really liked the look it gave her with the braids that hung on her forehead. That's her Papi (Dad) in the photo with her.






















I took the box braids out the day before we left to spend a week at the beach. The girl is wearing loose hair this week and I suspect I'll be kicking myself within a couple of days for not leaving her hair in a protective style. I'm not worried about salt water and sand. Those can be washed away. It's the tangling that has me preoccupied. We'll see, but I'm predicting a long and tedious detangling session when the week is over!
Happy Sunday!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment