Sunday, April 10, 2011

African Threading



I tried my hand at African threading today. I learned the technique from the African Threaded Bantu Buns video on the You Tube GirlsLoveYourCurls channel.

I think it went well for my first time trying, but a couple of things to remember for next time. My girl's hair, while pretty tightly curled, is fine and silky. I used regular sewing thread instead of weaving thread, and I put shea butter on her hair and I think all these factors together contributed to the somewhat hard time I had getting the thread not to slip. I think the shea butter was the biggest factor here.

I ended up taking the "braids" (what do I call them?) in the front out because they were not long enough to all meet up to form a bun or pony tail. The "braids" in back all joined together in a cute tiny little bun.

This was a fun little experiment and I can't wait to do it again when her hair is longer.
Ciao!
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment