Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Evolution of a Hairstyle

Often it takes me several sessions to complete a style. Especially if braiding is involved. This one took me about 5 days. We all loved the end result and it stayed in almost two weeks total. Here's how it went:

Day One: I braided the lower third of the back of her head into box braids, parted off a central section from the forehead to the back of the head and cornrowed. The rest of the hair went into two puffs, one on each side of her head.

Day Two: This style was Ethiopian-inspired. I've seen it on several Ethiopian women. There are alternating thick and thin cornrows going from front to back of head. It's really beautiful. On day two I braided the next two cornrows, thin ones, on either side of the central thick cornrow. Here are a couple of pics.

Day Three: I braided the next two cornrows, on either side of her head. The remaining hair on each side was gathered and banded.

Day Four: I finished the intended style this day. Here it is. I really liked it!

Day Five: The first cornrow was fuzzy by day five so I took it out to rebraid it. I liked the mohawk look the loose hair created so much, that my girl ended up wearing it as a style for several days!


This is my favorite style yet, we'll do it again for sure!
Ciao!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. I love how the style evolved. The mohawk is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a really fun style. Sometimes cute ones happen by accident like that! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to change the world

    ReplyDelete