Saturday, July 2, 2011

Holiday Hair - 4th of July

This style evolved. It started as a simple puff style early in the week. The girl's hair was divided into four sections by one center part forhead to nape, and one part ear to ear. The sections were gathered into one puff each. Later I made the center part a zig zag part. Today I cornrowed and braided.

The style features red, white and blue star beads braided into the first cornrow, and the same beads hanging from the ends of her braids in the back. The ends of the cornrows are banded with red, white and blue terrycloth bands. I love this look from the front with the zig zag part and a hint of beads hanging in the back. From the back, I don't love it so much.

It's supposed to rain here on the evening of the 4th. If it does, that'll be the third year in a row. Bah humbug!


Happy 4th of July to my American readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment