Friday, September 23, 2011

TWISTS! A First Attempt



I've always thought the girl's hair was too silky to hold twists.  They would always just unravel as soon as I let go of them.  Maybe it's because her hair wasn't long enough, or her hair was too wet while being twisted.  I'm really not sure.  Because the other day I twisted up a section of hair in the front and it puffed up and held rather nicely.  She's been wearing the twists as bangs all week and the photos were taken after a couple of days.

So.  To put in the twists I started with very slightly damp hair and used Darcy's Botanicals Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting Cream.  I divided the hair into square sections about the size of a quarter.  Each section was divided in two strands and twisted.  Simple as that.  At the end of each twist I twirled the two strands together and banded them.  Even though the process was super simple, there must be a couple of tricks I'm missing.  The twists weren't completely uniform and they kinked a bit instead of lying straight.  If anyone has any tips, please leave a comment.

Have a great weekend,
Jenny

1 comment: