Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hair Day Sunday

The ponies for the last two weeks were so easy and cute but three things made me change up the hair style this weekend.  First, the girl's had a center part now for a few weeks and I wanted to rest her scalp from the tension put on it at the part line.  Second, it's been sunnier lately but the day care is not applying sunscreen yet when the kids play outside.  I want to avoid a burned scalp and a center part on the top of her head on a sunny day is just asking for a burn.  Third, I've seen one of her friends yank on her ponies on more than one occasion.  They were pretty irresistible to this little 3yo and she just couldn't keep her hands off.  If my girl was more aggressive in standing up for herself, I wouldn't worry.  But in this case, it was time for the ponies to go.



 I wanted just pull her hair up into a large center puff, but that style gets fuzzy almost immediately and the hairline hair does not stay in.  I got the idea to separate it out in wedge sections and band them with colorful bands all the way up to the center puff.
 The girl's hair has grown a lot and she hasn't worn it loose or in puffs for a while, so when I got to the center puff, I was really surprised at how big it was!  I realized her hair is now long enough to braid the puff!  In braids, the hair that would have been loose in a puff will stay tangle free.  The day before I take this style down, I may unbraid the puff and leave it loose, just for fun.  We'll see.
Have a good week everyone.  It's raining hard here.  Ugh.  Dreary Monday.
Ciao,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment