Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soccer Hair

This is a relatively quick protective style that is also great for sports and warm weather activities.  It keeps hair close to the head which is important if the girl needs to wear a helmet (riding bikes).  It is easy to rinse sand and sweat out of (think beach).  I can pretty it up by joining the tails of her cornrows together and fastening them with a colorful tie or ballies.  And if they match her soccer uniform, it makes for a stylish team player! :)
 I started with freshly washed and detangled hair.  I detangled with Kinky-Curly Knot Today and left it in.    I spritzed each section and added Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly before braiding in an attempt to delay the inevitable fuzziness.  I actually forgot that step in one section and I could tell the next day.  This jelly is my go-to styling product for hold and making her curls pop when she wears her hair loose.  Kinky-Curly Curling Custard does the same thing but is not as slippery on the hair and doesn't smell as good IMO.




This should last one to two weeks.  See you for the next style.
Ciao,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find your hair products? Even though my son has been home for 2 years now, we are still looking for the perfect product!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy online. Darcy's Botanicals has my favorite leave in conditioner and serum/gel for curl definition and hold. I like Aubrey Organics for shampoo and rinse out conditioner. And for detangling nothing beats Kinky-Curly Knot Today. It took about 2 years of experimentation to settle on those. How long is your son's hair?

    ReplyDelete